The University of Qatar led a Delegation to Switzerland to visit universities working on topics related to Transportation, Traffic Safety and Mobility. The objective of the visit was to discuss potential future collaboration among the respective institutions and the Qatar University’s Transportation and Traffic Safety Center (QTTSC).
The delegation was composed of:
- Prof. Dr. Faris Tarlochan – QTTSC Director
- Dr. Wael Alhajyaseen – QTTSC Assistant Professor
The delegation was accompanied by IRF DG, Susanna Zammataro and Smart Mobility and Innovation Manager, Gonzalo Alcaraz. In total, the delegation visited four institutions including:
- University of Geneva – Meeting with Professor and ISI Director, Dimitri Konstantas.
- EPFL – Meeting with José Ibarra, Industrial Liaison Officer of TRACE (Transportation Center)
- Bern University of Applied Sciences – Meeting with Professor of Transport Infrastructures Nicolas Bueche and Director of the Institute for Materials and Wood Technology, Frédéric Pichelin.
- ETHZ – Meeting with Professor of Infrastructure Management and Head of the Institute for Construction and Infrastructure Management, Bryan Adey.
All meetings included a presentation about the research capabilities and expertise of QTTSC along with discussions on possible mechanisms for research collaborations, including joint projects / graduate student exchange programs, and research management processes.
IRF was pleased to accompany the delegation, also in view of the recently signed a MoU, between QTTSC and IRF, to further expand and consolidate collaboration and exchange of expertise particularly on traffic safety.