IRF fosters innovation and progress by providing access to and sharing cutting-edge knowledge and expertise.
Membership with IRF offers a wide range of opportunities to access and exchange knowledge and expertise through Technical Committees, ad hoc workshops, training courses, and webinars. IRF membership provides a varied platform to foster exchange among peers, forge new collaborations for projects, and seize new business opportunities.
IRF works with members and partners on a variety of PROJECTS. These project are funded by private or institutional donors such as foundations, the World Bank, the European Union, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, supporting the research and development of innovative solutions on a wealth of issues.
IRF has extensive experience designing, coordinating and delivering trainings and other educational programs for road professionals and executives all over the world. In addition, the IRF has developed several software tools to support the road sector with more and better road data. These courses and tools include:
- Senior Road Executives program
- Rural Roads for Development
- HDM4 for Road Management
- International Courses on Road Safety Engineering and Audits
- International Courses on Road Safety Infrastructure Management tools
- Fleet Management
- Asset Management and Performance-Based Contracts
- National courses on Enhanced First Aid
- RADAR – a software tool to support the collection and management of crash data
- CHANGER – a software tool for estimating greenhouse gas emissions from road construction
IRF has Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) with a number of well-reputed institutions to further research and the exchange of knowledge and expertise.
IRF’s expertise and leadership in delivering trainings and road safety trainings is acknowledged worldwide. The IRF won the Prince Michael International Road Safety Award in 2017.