- This event has passed.
Webinar – Policy Making for Data Sharing: A European Perspective
March 16, 2021 @ 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CET
The next generation of urban mobility and transportation is likely to take the form of progressively more evolved intelligent transportation systems. Increasing digitalisation of mobility presents us with an opportunity to accelerate the transition towards sustainable urban mobility. Governments and businesses alike are using mobility data for innovative uses. Many disruptive mobility businesses are built on the backbone of advanced data collection, processing and use capabilities. Similarly, governments are using data to better understand and monitor transportation systems, complementing – and in some cases replacing – traditional methods to regulate transportation systems and plan infrastructure to meet future needs.
While raw data alone is not sufficient, sharing of data can help generate actionable insights, which are necessary to achieve these goals.
Well-orchestrated policies will be critical to shape future data sharing ecosystems, realise shared value for the public and private sectors, and achieve the desired sustainability outcomes.
Led by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) and the International Road Federation (IRF), under the umbrella of the the Sustainable Mobility For All initiative (SuM4All) consortium, a group of experts has developed a global, use-case agnostic policy framework and actionable guidance to support policy making on data-sharing for sustainable urban mobility.
In the spirit of the need for public and private sector collaboration on data sharing in mobility, POLIS is working with WBCSD and the IRF to host a webinar to discuss European perspectives on data sharing for MaaS.
Objectives of the webinar:
- Communicate findings from the WBCSD and IRF report on Policy Making on Data Sharing with European policy makers in the context of relevant use cases for data sharing.
- Discuss plans to translate findings into action through local demonstration projects with an aim to identify partner European cities.
Meet the Speakers:
- Karen Vancluysen, Secretary General, POLIS Network
- Philippe Crist, Advisor for Innovation and Foresight, ITF
- Andy Taylor, Senior Director for Global Strategy, Cubic Systems
- Victoire Champenois, Policy Officer, DG MOVE, European Commission
- Aman Chitkara, Manager Mobility, WBCSD