- This event has passed.
Rural Roads for Development Course
September 10, 2018 - September 14, 2018
The University of Birmingham, in association with the International Road Federation Geneva is pleased to offer this hands-on training course in the area of rural roads.
The course is a 5-day, intensive and practical residential programme delivered by experts of international repute. It is aimed at road sector professionals, road engineers, field engineers, planners, road maintenance managers who want to be exposed to cutting-edge established methodologies in rural transport for development.
By the end of the course, the participants are expected to have acquired an understanding of the following key items:
- Analytical framework for understanding rural transport
- Pro-poor transport appraisal including methods for capturing non-monetary benefits
- Rural Road design and construction
- Labour-based & intermediate technologies
- Implications of climate change
- Prof. Michael Burrow, University of Birmingham
- Dr Gurmel Ghataora, University of Birmingham
- Mike Pinnard, Consultant (World Bank and others)
- Dr Reiner Koblo, KfW
- Dr Ashok Kumar, World Bank
- John Hine, former World Bank and TRL
- Rob Petts, Intech Associates
The course is delivered in the state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities of the University of Birmingham.