- This event has passed.
Professional Training Course: Introduction to Crash Investigation
September 10 – September 12 CEST
Organised by the International Road Federation together with the Qatar Transportation and Traffic Safety Centre (University of Qatar) with the support of Kathib&Alami this course will look at an introduction to crash investigation. The course will be held on 10 – 12 September 2023 in person at Qatar University.
The main goal of this training is to present the principles and techniques of road crash investigation and to provide a comprehensive explanation of how on-scene investigations and reporting are conducted, serving as a practical guideline for real-life scenarios. This programme aims to benefit a wide range of stakeholders, as it addresses various critical aspects related to crash causation, crash investigation, and the implementation of remedial interventions to minimise crash risks.
The programme is specifically designed to familiarise investigators with the intricacies of crash investigation as a highly specialised field within forensics. The following stakeholders will particularly benefit from this programme:
- Police crash investigators
- Road technicians
- Road safety practitioners
- Transportation engineers
This short learning programme will be followed by a more advanced applied crash investigation programme, which will concentrate on a wide range of issues to further enhance the skills of crash investigators. The advanced programme will introduce additional methodologies, empowering Qatar to effectively address road crash risks and proactively minimise fatality rates.
- Understand the significance of conducting effective crash investigations and its influence on road safety.
- Introduce the methodologies involved in post-crash investigations.
- Enable investigators to identify roadway evidence crucial for determining the factors that contributed to the crash.
- Enable investigators to identify vehicle-related evidence that might have contributed to the crash.
- Utilise formulas to calculate minimum speed, throws, and falls.
- Initiate the use of formulas addressing time and distance issues.
For more information, please refer to the attached agenda or contact QTTSC through: Dr. Wael Alhajyaseen at email@example.com