Professional Training Course: Introduction to Crash Investigation
September 10 – September 12 CEST
Organised by the International Road Federation together with the Qatar Transportation and Traffic Safety Centre (University of Qatar) with the support of Kathib&Alami this course will look at an introduction to crash investigation. The course will be held on 10 – 12 September 2023 in person at Qatar University.
The main goal of this training is to present the principles and techniques of road crash investigation and to explain in depth how on-scene investigation and reporting are performed as a guideline for real-life on-scene investigations. A range of stakeholders will benefit from this programme as it exposes them to various issues related to crash causation, crash investigation, and the implementation of remedial interventions to minimise crash risks. The programme is intended to expose investigators to the intricacies of crash investigation as a highly specialised field of forensics. The following stakeholders will benefit from this programme:
- Police crash investigators
- Road technicians
- Road safety practitioners
- Transportation engineers
This short learning programme will be followed up with a more advanced applied crash investigation program that will focus on various issues to enhance the skills of crash investigators. It will introduce additional methodologies to allow Qatar to effectively deal with road crash risks and to ensure that fatality rates are minimised.
- Understand the importance of effective crash investigation and its impact on road safety.
- To introduce the field of post-crash investigation methodologies.
- To assist investigators to identify evidence from the roadway that will assist with determining the factors that contributed to the crash.
- To assist investigators to identify evidence from vehicles that could have contributed to the crash.
- To use formulas to determine minimum speed, throws and falls.
- To commence with formulas that deal with time and distance issues.
For more information, please refer to the attached agenda or contact QTTSC through: Dr. Wael Alhajyaseen at email@example.com