Professional Training Course: Introduction to Crash Investigation
January 1, 2023 All day
IMPORTANT NOTE: THIS COURSE HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO JANUARY 2023. MORE INFORMATION WILL BE SOON AVAILABLE.
For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organised by the International Road Federation together with the Qatar Transportation and Traffic Safety Centre (University of Qatar), with support from Khatib&Alami, this three-day course will look at an introduction to Crash Investigation. The course will take place in person at Qatar University.
Attendees are taught the importance of crash investigation and its impact on road safety. A range of stakeholders will benefit from this programme as it exposes them to various issues related to crash causation, crash investigation, and the implementation of remedial interventions to minimise crash risks. The programme is intended to expose investigators to the intricacies of crash investigation as a highly specialised field of forensics. The following stakeholders will benefit from this programme:
- Police crash investigators
- Road technicians
- Road safety practitioners
- Transportation engineers
This short learning programme will be followed up with a more advanced Applied Crash Investigation Programme in July that will focus on various issues to enhance the skills of crash investigators. It will introduce additional methodologies to allow Qatar to effectively deal with road crash risks and to ensure that fatality rates are minimised.
- Understand the importance of effective crash investigation and its impact on road safety.
- To introduce the field of post-crash investigation methodologies.
- To assist investigators to identify evidence from the roadway that will assist with determining the factors that contributed to the crash.
- To assist investigators to identify evidence from vehicles that could have contributed to the crash.
- To use various formulas to determine minimum speed.
- To use formulas for vehicle throws and falls.
- To commence with formulas that deal with time and distance issues.