Professional Training Course: Introduction to Road Safety Audits
May 30 – June 1 CEST
The International Road Federation together with the Qatar Transportation and Traffic Safety Centre (University of Qatar) and the support of Khatib&Alami is organising a professional training course on “Introduction to Road Safety Audits”. The course will be held on 30 May – 01 June 2023, in person, at Qatar University.
This training course aims to introduce the procedures and requirements for developing Road Safety Audits, and the importance of conducting these audits and implementing their recommendations in improving the status of traffic safety. It will also cover methodologies and cutting-edge technologies that have been field tested to reduce traffic injury risk through auditing & inspections. Attendees will receive the necessary theoretical background and applied practices, with specific application to the roads and highways of Qatar roads, to ensure their risk identification programs are effective and impactful.
Hence, this course will look at Road Safety Audits and Inspections comprehensively as an introduction to these useful tools.
- Learn how to focus on road deficiencies that lead to severe and fatal injuries.
- Identify the risks of a road network.
- Understand the benefits, resources, and liability issues associated with the Road Safety Audits / Road Safety Inspections.
- Understand the scope of a Road Safety Audit, and correctly utilise national and international reference manuals.
- Define the roles and skills of each member of a road safety audit team.
- Explore different data sources available to support recommendations for remedial measures.
For more information, please refer to the attached agenda or contact QTTSC through: Dr. Wael Alhajyaseen at email@example.com