Professional Training Course: Applied Crash Investigation
July 23 – July 25 CEST
Organised by the International Road Federation together with the Qatar Transportation and Traffic Safety Centre (University of Qatar) this three-day course is a follow-up of the first course on “Introduction to Crash Investigation”. This course will be held in person at Qatar University.
This course will introduce various aspects required for road crash investigation such as scene sketching theory and practice and the use of various formulas to establish the cause of a crash, minimum speed, etc. It also deals with some basic aspects of scene photography and introduces specific crash types such as pedestrian crashes and issues related to time- series analysis.
Important note: It is a pre-requisite that attendees must have completed the preceding “Introduction to Crash Investigation” program.
- To promote the importance of accurate crash scene sketching.
- To assist investigators to photograph scenes effectively.
- To use various formulas related to acceleration and deceleration.
- To apply vehicle, fall, vault, and throw formulas to determine minimum speed.
- To introduce pedestrian crash investigation techniques.
- To focus on the basics of lamp examination, etc.
- To assist crash investigators to write good crash reports.
- To understand the principles of effective court testimony.