Launch of the 60th Edition of the IRF World Road Statistics
September 28 @ 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm CEST
About the Event
The International Road Federation (IRF) is pleased to invite you to the launch of the 60th Edition of the IRF World Road Statistics (WRS). This online event will be held on 28 September from 14:00 to 15:00 CEST.
Produced by the IRF since 1964, the IRF World Road Statistics (WRS) have become an invaluable reference tool for stakeholders and researchers who want to analyse, understand and report on worldwide, regional and national trends and developments in various topics such as: road networks, road traffic volumes, multi-modal transport, vehicle fleets, country profile, road accidents, production, first registrations, imports and exports of vehicles, expenditures and revenues on road infrastructure, energy, and much more. This latest 2023 edition encompasses the latest data available (years 2016-2021) for over 200 countries / territories and over 200 indicators.
Thanks to the generous support of the TotalEnergies Foundation and the Michelin Corporate Foundation, the WRS are available for free through the IRF Data Warehouse Online Platform since October 2022. Designed in an interactive way, the platform allows users to, for example, compare national statistics of multiple countries over time, or compare several metrics for one country over a specific period of time, among many other things.
The event will provide a comprehensive overview of this new edition of the IRF World Road Statistics, how data is collected, how to use the IRF Data Warehouse Platform and welcome high-level speakers from key organisations in the sector to share how the WRS contribute to their work. Get your questions ready! We will close the webinar with a Q&A session to answer all questions about the platform or the statistics.
- Susanna Zammataro – Director General, International Road Federation (IRF)
- Jacques Emmanuel Saulnier – Senior Vice President Citizenship Engagement & General Delegate, TotalEnergies Foundation
60 Years of IRF World Road Statistics
- Julia Funk – Senior Programme Manager & Head of Statistics
Using the IRF Data Warehouse Platform
- Richard Owen – CEO, Agilysis
How the IRF World Road Statistics Contribute to the Work of Key Organisations
- Carolina Monsalve – Lead Economist, Transport Global Practice, Global Unit, the World Bank
- Uta Meesmann – Project Manager ESRA (E-survey of Road users’ Attitudes), Vias Institute
- Gladys Nyachieo – Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Social Sciences and Technology, Multimedia University of Kenya
- Naomi Tan – Energy Transition Modeller and Data Analyst, Climate Compatible Growth (CCG)
- Sudhir Gota – Co-Team Leader, Asian Transport Outlook (ATO) / Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Julia Funk – Senior Programme Manager & Head of Statistics, IRF
- Nicolas Beaumont – Senior VP Sustainable Development & Impact, Michelin Group
Senior VP Sustainable Development & Impact
Senior Programme Manager & Head of Statistics
ATO / ADB
Lead Economist, Transport Global Practice
Multimedia University of Kenya
Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Social Sciences and Technology
Jacques E. Saulnier
Senior VP Citizenship Engagement & General Delegate