- This event has passed.
IRF Online Workshop on “Unleashing road infrastructure potential for Cooperative, Connected and Automated Mobility (CCAM)”
April 23, 2020 @ 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm CEST
The introduction of technologies related to connectivity, automation, electrification, and digitalization has kicked-off a challenging and exciting transformation of the transport sector which will be characterised by an equally challenging transition period to a new ecosystem. While most of the progress and debate around these issues has been so far centred around the vehicles, it’s becoming increasingly clear that the road infrastructure sector will play a significant role in ensuring that all the relevant parts of this new ecosystem work together and in the same direction, namely: ensuring seamless, safe, efficient, and overall sustainable transport.
This workshop session will provide insights into the role, the vision and challenges of the road infrastructure sector in this transition period towards Cooperative, Connected and Automated Mobility (CCAM). It will do so by hearing from key stakeholders such as road operators, road markings and road signage providers, technology providers, researchers. They will debate regulatory and policy challenges, technological innovations, future workforce needs. Key priorities that need to be addressed now in order to prepare an adequate response to the development and operation needs of the roads of the future.
This workshop will take place online through Zoom and is organized by the International Road Federation (IRF) – Geneva in collaboration with the European Union Road Federation (ERF) and the European Association of Tollway Operators (ASECAP) and along with key players from the road and transport sectors.
Agenda and presentations
1. Welcome and introduction – Bill Halkias (HELLASTRON / IRF President)
2. IRF’s Work on CCAM – Gonzalo Alcaraz (IRF) [Download]
3. Session about the IRF Committee on Connected and Autonomous Mobility including presentations on key issues related to CCAM:
– European Policy on Physical Infrastructure & Machine Vision – Rik Nuyttens (3M / ERF President) and Harald Mosböck (SWARCO) [Download]
– Road Infrastructure Innovations Related to CCAM – Christoph Bergdolt and Jeannet van Arum (SWARCO) [Download]
– Future Workforce – Evangelos Bekiaris (CERTH) [Download]
– Cooperation in a CCAM Ecosystem – Jacqueline Erhart (ASFINAG / ASECAP) [Download]
3. Discussion panel moderated by Susanna Zammataro (IRF) with interventions from: Paulo Humanes (PTV), John McCarthy (ARUP), and Dickson Leow (ARRB).
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com