- This event has passed.
7th UN Global Road Safety Week
May 15 – May 21 CEST
About the Event
The World Health Organization (WHO), in collaboration with partners, organizes periodic UN Global Road Safety Weeks. This 7th edition focuses on sustainable transport, in particular the need to shift to walking, cycling and using public transport. Road safety is both a prerequisite for and an outcome of this shift.
Key messages of the Week:
- There is a desperate need for governments and their partners to rethink mobility.
- Safety must be at the core of efforts to reimagine how we move in the world.
- To ensure safety, road networks must be designed with the most at risk in mind.
- When safe, walking and cycling can contribute to making people healthy, cities sustainable, and societies equitable.
- Safe, affordable, accessible, and sustainable public transport is a solution for many of societies’ ills.
WHO invites all road safety and sustainable mobility partners to mark the 7th UN Global Road Safety Week by organizing events and activities and sharing messages and materials on social media with the hashtags:
The logo of the week and relative communication material, together with news about events and activities to be hosted during the week are available here: