Connected and Autonomous Mobility Committee (CAMC)
The introduction of technologies related to connectivity, automation, electrification, and digitalization has kicked-off a challenging and exciting transformation of the transport sector, which will be characterised by an equally challenging transition period to a new ecosystem. While most progress and debate around these issues has centred around vehicles, it is becoming increasingly clear that the road infrastructure sector will play a significant role in ensuring that all the relevant parts of this new ecosystem work together and in the same direction, in order to ensure seamless, safe, efficient, and sustainable transport.
To address these topics, the Connected and Autonomous Mobility Committee (CAMC), led by IRF with the support of the European Union Road Federation (ERF) and the European Association of Operators of Toll Road Infrastructures (ASECAP), was launched along with key strategic partners in the road infrastructure sector. The mission of the Committee is to define the role, vision and challenges of the road infrastructure sector in this transition period towards Cooperative, Connected and Automated Mobility (CCAM).
The objectives of this Committee are summarised as follows:
- Build a common vision for the role of the road infrastructure sector concerning the upcoming transition period of a mixed-traffic scenario i.e. conventional and autonomous vehicles.
- Facilitate cooperation between private and public sectors to ensure a high level of safety, efficiency, and sustainability in the road infrastructure sector.
- Support ongoing processes and initiatives by providing input and guidance.
Areas of work of the Committee
- Regulatory and policy challenges
- Technological innovations
- Future workforce and social needs
- New business models
The Committee is open to IRF members, road operators, technology providers, research institutions, national and regional authorities, associations, and other organisations upon invitation by IRF.
For further information on IRF committees, please contact the IRF Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.