Bill M. Halkias
2nd Vice-President IBTTA and IRF Past President
Bill M. Halkias, PE, F.ASCE, F.ITE, is currently a member of IBTTA’s Executive Committee, serving as Second Vice President, having previously served as a member of the BoD for eight years (2007 – 2010 and 2018 – 2021).
He has 40 years of experience in the international transport field, with the first 15 years in the USA. He holds a 5 year Diploma (1981) in Rural and Surveying Engineering from the National Technical University of Athens, Greece and a Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering (1984) from the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) in the USA.
Managing Director and CEO of “Attikes Diadromes SA”, from the establishment in November 1999 of the Operation and Maintenance Company of the Attiki Odos Motorway (Attica Tollway) of Athens Greece, until January 2022, while from May 1996 until November 1999 he has served as the Concessionaire’s Technical Director.
Throughout his long professional carrier, he served on leading positions in various prestigious Associations, namely:
- President of IRF (International Road Federation) based in Geneva, Switzerland.
- President of ASECAP (Association Européen des Concessionnaires d’Autoroutes à Péage) based in Brussels, Belgium.
- President of HELLASTRON (Hellenic Association of Toll Roads Network), based in Athens, Greece, representing all eight (8) Toll Infrastructures of the country, appointed currently a Member at the BoD of HCIC (Hellenic Construction Industry Council).
- President of H.ITE (Hellenic Institute of Transportation Engineers), based in Athens, Greece
- Member of the AHB20 TRB Committee (Freeway Operations Committee of the Transportation Research Board, based in Washington DC, USA.
Throughout his long carrier, he has gained recognition among the Traffic / Transportation Engineering professionals and colleagues within the Toll Road Operations Industry, as being an effective manager working and communicating at international level.