In a milestone development, the urban portion of the E-763 highway, known as the Belgrade – South Adriatic route, officially opened for traffic in early April 2023. This significant project has ushered in a direct and vital link between Serbia’s capital city and the “Miloš Veliki” highway.
The inauguration of the New Belgrade – Surčin section is a matter of great importance for the Republic of Serbia, as it serves as the pivotal connection between Belgrade and the E-763 highway, often referred to as the “Miloš Veliki.” This integration has effectively merged the city’s road network with the E-763 highway, creating the most efficient route from Belgrade to the stunning Adriatic Sea.
This newly unveiled section spans a total length of 7.9 kilometers, designed to accommodate a speed limit of 80 kilometers per hour. It boasts the construction of four bridges and two overpasses, enhancing its structural significance.
Comprising three generous 3.5-meter-wide lanes in each direction, a 5.0-meter-wide dividing strip, and 2.0-meter-wide pedestrian pathways, this development doesn’t just prioritise vehicular traffic but also ensures accessibility for pedestrians and cyclists with a 2.2-meter-wide dedicated bicycle path.
- Innovation for Better Mobility Systems: Highlights From the IRF Annual Conference 2023
- PE Roads of Serbia New Educational Road Safety Campaign
- IRF Unveils Winner of the 2023 Edition of the IRF Start-up Label
- Valerann Wins the 13th Sacyr Foundation Global Innovation Award
- ASIMOB Awarded by the European Commission Through the GoVTech Connect Programme
- Commémoration de la Journée Mondiale 2023 du souvenir des victimes de la circulation routière