PE “Roads of Serbia” is proud to announce that the Belgrade Bypass in the length of 47.7 km and full highway profile, is opened to traffic.
The Belgrade Bypass connects the branch of Corridor Xb, E-75 (border with Hungary, Horgos – Novi Sad – Belgrade) with Corridor X, E-70 (border with Croatia, Batrovci – Belgrade), state road IB category number 26 and Route 4, E -763 (Belgrade – Pozega – border with Montenegro Boljare) and again part of Corridor X, E-75 (Belgrade – Niš – Presevo – border with North Macedonia).
With the completion of the Belgrade Bypass, traffic is diverted from the overloaded basic network of city roads to the Bypass, which contributes to shortening the travel time for transit flows, reducing the number of traffic accidents, the costs of vehicle exploitation, harmful gases and noise from vehicles in the inner city area.
Belgrade Bypass consists of the following sections:
- Section A: Batajnica – Dobanovci
- Section B: Dobanovci – Bubanj Potok
- Section C: Bubanj Potok – Pancevo (E – 70) – upcoming works
A total of six interchanges and junctions have been built on the Bypass: Batajnica, Dobanovci, Ostruznica, Orlovaca, Avala and Bubanj Potok.
Situational and height solutions of the basic route have been set so that in the future it will be possible to build other interchanges if there are justified traffic reasons for this.
In the section from Dobanovci to Bubanj Potok, there are 41 bridge locations with 79 structures.
The largest bridge is over the Sava river near Ostružnica, which consists of three steel structures with a total length of 1,965 m.
All other bridges are concrete, and five bridges stand out in terms of size: Sveta Petka 408 m, Železnička reka 406 m, Kievski potok 571 m, Topčiderska dolina 597 m and Bridge over the railway 430 m.
- Lima Expresa Introduces an AI Accident Detection System to Improve Safety on its Roads
- New Guide to Empower Creation of Road Safety Data Coalitions in Africa
- Newsletter – Issue Nº 5 2023
- Join the IRF at the PIARC World Road Congress 2023
- Successful Crash Investigation Course Hosted in Qatar
- ASIMOB’s Lightweight AI Solution for Road Pavement Inspections: A Game-changer on Road Safety and Efficiency