On Sunday, 15 November, we celebrated the 25th anniversary of the World Day dedicated to remembering road traffic victims and being observed internationally.
Established by the United Nations and celebrated every third Sunday in November, WDoR is a major advocacy day for road traffic injury prevention.
Numerous commemorative events had taken place across the globe and activities were relayed on social media under the theme REMEMBER – SUPPORT – ACT:
- Remember all people killed and seriously injured on the roads;
- Acknowledge the crucial work of the emergency services;
- Draw attention to the generally trivial legal response to culpable road deaths and injuries
- Advocate for better support for road traffic victims and victim families;
- Promote evidence-based actions to prevent and eventually stop further road traffic deaths and injuries.