July 21, 2020 from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm EDT
The TMC PFS and FHWA jointly sponsored the development of the TMC Performance Dashboard technical report. This report highlights issues to consider and successful practices to support agencies planning, designing, developing, assessing, and using dashboards as they manage and explore opportunities to improve the performance of their TMCs. A webinar will be hosted on 21 July to present – in between others – how these dashboards can be used to assess and improve operations.
This report and additional information on the TMC PFS will be available electronically at: https://tmcpfs.ops.fhwa.dot.gov/completedproj.htm. Additional resources and information can be found on the NOCoE traffic management systems portal at: https://transportationops.org/traffic-management-systems-and-centers. This webinar to be hosted on 21 July from 2:00 to 4:00 EDT will explore the purpose, concept, and issues agencies should consider with planning, developing and using performance dashboards for their TMCs.
- Describe what is a TMC Performance Dashboard.
- Discuss how a dashboard can be used to monitor traffic operations.
- Identify the typical components which support a dashboard.
- Explain how these dashboards can be used to assess and improve operations.
- Discuss how a dashboard can be used to convey the benefits of TMCs.
Staff involved with or responsible for the planning, development, management, operation, or funding of services, initiatives, or projects which support or improve TMC capabilities or performance.
- John MacAdam (Ohio DOT)
- Mike Tantillo (VHB)
- Tim Lomax (TTI)
- Keith Smith (VHB)
- Mark Sommerhauser (Kansas and Missouri DOTs, KC Scout ITS Project Manager)
- Christine Shafik (Florida DOT)
Moderator: Jon Obenberger (FHWA)